About the Freedom Index
The RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity’s Legislative Freedom Index is based on the Center’s review of all legislation that receives votes on the floor of the Rhode Island General Assembly. A team of reviewers grades each bill, and the legislators are scored entirely on how (and whether) they voted. For the Center’s official Legislator Scorecard and a complete methodology, see the Freedom Index homepage.
Use the drop-down menus at the top of the application to narrow the data shown. Charts and tables will update automatically. Each drop-down has a search. To search for a particular legislator:
- Click the down arrow next to the “Name” search.
- Remove the check next to “All” before searching.
- Type any letters that you know are in the person’s name and click the magnifying glass.
- Check the box next to the person you’re looking for and click “OK.”
- To add people, search again and check their boxes.
- Clicking on the triangle to the right of any column header in the main table will sort the table by the information in that column. (Click again to reverse.)
District Versus Towns
There are actually two applications on this page. The first one shows all of the available information, with legislators organized by district. The second one, below the first, operates the same way, but organizes legislators by the cities and towns that they represent.
Please note that the search options for each application work independently. In other words, the searches at the top of the first application will not change the data shown in the second application and the searches at the top of the second application will not change the data shown in the first application.[/su_column] [su_column]
- When you’re done narrowing down the data, click any word or number in the “Summary Table” at the top of the page. (Your browser must allow pop-ups.) Click “Export” at the top of the pop-up window.
- Fill out the form, and click “Export.”
- Save or open the file.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity
The Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity is dedicated to providing concerned citizens, opinion leaders, and public officials with empirical research data, while also advancing free-market solutions to public policy issues in the state. As part of our open government effort, we feel it is important that complete transparency be available so that the public can fully participate in crucial debates about the future well-being of our citizens and our state and local economies.
[_su_spoiler title=”Click for links to other transparency applications” style=”fancy” anchor=”othersites”]
- Tiverton payroll
- Central Falls pensions: police and MERS
- Cranston pensions
- East Providence pensions: police & fire and MERS
- Newport pensions: police & fire and MERS
- Warwick pensions: police, fire, & municipal and MERS