MAJOR CHANGES ARE NEEDED AT THE RI DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Under the deficient leadership of its commissioner, Angelica Infante-Green, the Rhode Island Department of Education deserves an “F” for failing to implement successful educational reforms while student achievement continues to plummet across the state as evidenced by the October release of RI’s dismal RICAS scores. Infante-Green’s tenure, which began in 2019, coincides with passage and enactment of a controversial bill (S0863) that took away local school district control and granted RIDE with the authority to develop and mandate curricula standards and guidelines in critical core subjects for all school districts in the Ocean State.
Infante-Green and RIDE are wholly ineffective, irresponsible, and unworthy of this unabridged power to influence the education of our state’s children. As a result, student achievement and public confidence in our state’s educational system have further deteriorated. Rhode Island’s education system has been systematically designed to confuse and demoralize students about their country, God, their core values, their fellow students, themselves, and their families. As a result, mental health problems are on the rise.
New leadership, with repealed curricula authority, is clearly required at RIDE.
In The Media:
- Report: Major Failures, “F” grade at RIDE Require Leadership and Legislative Change
- Groups say RI’s social studies curriculum will teach students to ‘hate their country’
- Opinion: RI’s education elitists display contempt for American ideals
- Angelica Infante-Green and RIDE deserve an “F” #InTheDugout
- MAJOR REPORT: Taken for a RIDE #InTheDugout – February 2, 2023
- RI Center for Freedom Publishes Report Blasting RIDE’s Misguided “Woke” Social Studies Standards
- New Report Blasts Social Studies Standards Proposed by RI Department of Education
- PARENT ALERT! How RI Department Of Education Plans To Poison Kids’ Minds #InTheDugout – February 1, 2023