CASE SUGGESTIONS AND REQUESTS
The Flanders Legal Center for Freedom and the Stephen Hopkins Center for Civil Rights are partnering to provide free and reduced cost legal representation to Rhode Islanders whose constitutional rights are violated by government.
Because our resources are limited, we must carefully choose among meritorious cases that will create broadly applicable precedents, with a primary focus on the Rhode Island Constitution.
We do not take the following types of cases:
- criminal cases
- cases against private parties
- most cases involving financial claims against the government
- fact-specific or factually complex cases that are not likely to produce broadly applicable precedents
- cases involving governmental conspiracies
- cases that are already in court
- cases outside of Rhode Island
If you believe your case fits within the parameters for consideration, please complete this online form. Also, please note that we cannot take case inquiries over the phone or in person.
We welcome all inquiries, but due to the large number of inquiries submitted, we are not always able to respond to each one. If your inquiry falls within our area of expertise, we will make every effort to respond as time and resources permit. Please understand that we cannot provide legal advice unless we agree to take your case.