2015 Freedom Index – Live Bill Tracker
|Below are 2015 bills that our Center is tracking, with preliminary ratings and descriptions. Legislators who vote in favor of a negatively rated bill will
receive a negative score … and vice versa. SEE Overview and Helpful Tips BELOW. CONTACT YOUR REP or SENATOR ABOUT A PARTICULAR
BILL! Email, call, or Tweet them! Contact info here … Feedback on our initial ratings is welcome and may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview: This interactive scorecard is a snapshot of the voting record of RI General Assembly members on 2015 bills that have been rated to infringe upon or preserve our freedoms. Each qualifying bill, respectively, is rated from (-3) to (+3). For instance, by voting for a positively rated bill, the legislator will earn positive points, while voting against a positive bill would earn negative points. Conversely, voting for a negatively rated bill will earn negative points for the legislator, while voting against a negative bill would earn positive points.The “Possible” column shows the total potential points legislators can earn by voting 100% with the Center’s view, with the “Total Score” column showing the actual points they earned.
The “Weighted Index” is a 0-100 rating, based on the legislator’s score as compared with the total, possible score, then normalized so as to be comparable for the House and Senate. This Index is calculated as: (Possible + Total Score)/(2 x Possible).
Legislators with a negative Total Score will receive a Weighted-Index rating between 0 and 50.
Legislators with a positive Total Score will receive a Weighted-Index rating between 50 and 100.
- Click the Legislation tab to view all bills currently rated by our Center. The comments column is the Center’s brief description of each bill.
- Click on the drop-down at the top-right of the scorecard to filter for bills in specific categories.
- Click on any column heading to sort
- Click on the Filter button then start typing in a header area filter for specific values
- Click HERE to see the Rhode Island Freedom Index Rating Metric.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!