https://rifreedom.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_sail_300x100.png 0 0 Justin Katz https://rifreedom.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_sail_300x100.png Justin Katz2015-01-20 14:53:472015-01-21 11:17:14Education Analysis: RI and National Test Score Trends, Steam Runs Out on Reform
Education Analysis: RI and National Test Score Trends, Steam Runs Out on Reform
Judging by trends visible using the RI Center for Freedom & Prosperity’s online, interactive tool to compare scores on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) tests, Rhode Island’s period of education reform produced some improvements, but they appear to have hit a political ceiling.
Key findings show that for Rhode Island students:
- Previous performance improvements from earlier in the 2000s have flat-lined in recent years
- Overall performance is worst among all New England states
- Hispanic performance is last among New England states
- Low income student performance is also last in this region
- As a group, states with relatively strong school choice options improved in 2013 among every demographic group, whereas Rhode Island either lost ground or didn’t gain any.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!